For Special Operations Warrior Foundation Educational programs
Special Operations Warrior Foundation ensures complete post-secondary educational support and additional educational opportunities “cradle to career,” for eligible surviving children of fallen Special Operations Forces and children of all Medal of Honor recipients — today and in the future.
1. All active duty Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps personnel (special operators, support personnel and enablers) assigned to, or under a command relationship with, a unit under United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) who die in line of duty;
2. All Reserve and National Guard personnel assigned to a SOCOM unit who die in the line of duty while participating in training, drill, active duty, or
All members listed in paragraphs 1 and 2 above are also eligible as follows:
While attending Joint Professional Military Education, fellowships, advanced service schools, or Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Military
When assigned to a SOCOM unit directed Joint, Service, or Inter Agency staff
When assigned to Service instructor duties that support SOF training.
1. Former SOCOM personnel assigned to a command outside of USSOCOM’s claimancy and serving in a non-SOF billet.
2. Retired personnel
1. All naturally born children of the deceased SOCOM servicemembers.
2. All legally adopted children of the deceased SOCOM service members. This includes children that may have been in the process of being adopted at the time of the service member’s death. The primary consideration is if the child was living with and financially dependent upon the deceased SOF member.
3. All step-children of the deceased SOF member who were living with and financially dependent upon the deceased SOCOM
4. Children conceived but not yet born.
5. Eligibility begins at the date of the service members death. Children are eligible until age 33.
Special Operations Command is made up of approximately 70,000 service members including, but not limited to, the groups listed below.
ARMY – All soldiers assigned or attached to U.S. Army Special Operations Command (USASOC)
Special Forces (Green Berets)
Special Operations Aviators
Civil Affairs Soldiers
Military Information Support Operators
NAVY – All Navy service members assigned or attached to a Naval Special Warfare Command (NAVSPECWARCOM)
Sea, Air, Land (Navy SEALs)
Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC)
AIR FORCE – All airman assigned or attached to Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC)
Special Operations Aviators
MARINE CORPS – All Marines assigned or attached to a Marine Special Operations Command (MARSOC)
Critical Skills Operators
Special Operations Officers
Special Operations Capabilities Specialists
Special Operations Combat Services Specialists
Children of ALL service members awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor are eligible for SOWF programs.